Bzr: ERROR: Unknown branch format: 'Bazaar Branch Format 6 (bzr 0.15)
When I try the following command:
$ bzr checkout http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/bash-completion/current bash-completion
I receive this error:
bzr: ERROR: Unknown branch format: 'Bazaar Branch Format 6 (bzr 0.15)\n'
- Debian-4.0 (Etch)
Bzr from the Debian stable tree is outdated. Debian Backports offers a recompiled bzr package from the Debian testing tree, suitable for installation within Debian stable without requiring new libraries (wherever it is possible).
- Add this line:
deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non-free
- Retrieve GPG public key for www.backports.org:
sudo apt-get install debian-backports-keyring
- Resynchronize the package index files from their sources:
sudo apt-get update
- Install bzr backport:
sudo apt-get -t etch-backports install bzr
- Re: bzr VCS feedback
- Forum thread with pointer to `backports.org'
- instructions [Debian Backports
- How to use Debian backports