How to get window title in linux?
I want to get the window title of the current application. This is because I want to run an automated test to make sure the window title has changed.
- Get window title in linux
- Same question on Experts Exchange website. Answer seems to be Window Manager specific. Suggestion to use `editres' application for KDE (Trolltech Qt). But I'm using Gnome, and a cross-window manager solution would be very nice :-)
- Terminal Emulator Security Issues
- Security report warning about possible exploit when "Window Title Reporting" is available. So escape sequences are a no-go.
- XtermControl - Dynamically Control Xterm Properties
- Found binary package which claims to be able to report window title. But it seems to be using escape sequences as well, because on gnome-terminal the title is always reported as "Terminal" (via
xtermcontrol --get-title) even after a
xtermcontrol --title foo.