Kde: keyboard repeat magically switching off
With keyboard repeat enabled, suddenly the keyboard repeat is off.
- gnome-settings-daemon running
Do not run
gnome-settings-daemon under KDE. If you do, remove
gnome-settings-daemon from the startup-sequence and restart KDE.
Disable the ally-keboard plugin for the gnome-settings:
gconftool -t bool -s /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/a11y-keyboard/active false
- Bug #367136 in gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu): “xset -r causes loss of control of keyboard”
- Bugreport with gconftool solution. Doesn't fix my problem though
- Keyboard autorepeat keeps turning off
- Forum thread with same problem
- forum / capslock repeat (xset r 66) -- frequently unset with recent updates
- Another forum thread with same problem
I get double keys when doing an
$ xset r $ xxsseett --rr ## DDaarrnn $ xset -r
gnome-settings-daemon under KDE because I want to use emacs keybindings with Firefox. When I refrain from starting up the
gnome-settings-daemon, keyboard repeat is remembered just fine by KDE.
Instead of running
gnome-settings-daemon, I found an alternate solution to use emacs keybindings with Firefox: adding the line
gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs" to my
.gtkrc-2.0-kde4. Now I can stop booting gnome-settings-daemon under KDE and enjoy my keyboard repeat.